26 December 2011

Joyeux Noël!


Champs Elysées, Paris
A day late..

I couldn't get this posted yesterday due to laptop malfunction, too many people and hoards of presents being opened, put together, and tested. I hope everyone had a fabulous day. While waiting for the rest of the troops to arrive, I had both great-nephews in my lap showing them pictures and videos of Christmas in Paris. They were mesmerized. I was as well. Ice sculptures, snow, lights, décorations grandioses. We heard the French version of "Jingle Bells" - that was really fun!

My sister made me an Alpaca infinity scarf
 I love it!


Let's recap all things francaise I've seen, eaten or learned for the past few weeks:
Our last cours de français was the 17th. We learned several different ways to ask questions. This has involved writing many sentences and reading them as well. We still stutter and sputter when reading - quite humorous at times. We also reviewed when, where, what, which and how. It is imperative that I find un ami français to practice with and who will correct me. Ever think about how the English word "do" doesn't really have a meaning?  Same with "est-ce que"; its only purpose is to show that the sentence is a question.

I haven't eaten anything truly French since in Santa Fe last month. I have however sampled several les vins française. Délicieux!

Française factoid - The word “encore” is French for again, although the French themselves prefer to call bis after a particularly outstanding performance if they want to hear an encore. The alternating cheek kiss the French do when greeting each other is called "La bise or le bisou ".

I subscribed to the French Music Blog. I receive videos of artistes française to have a listen, possibly purchase, add to my Pandora station or Blip song list. I prefer Blip over Pandora.

This is one of the rare French songs that is slow enough to sing along to. Great pronunciation practice.
A “Classique” French Carol: “Petit papa Noël”


I could go on attaching pictures for hours, but I shan't. It's time to gather my gifts and head back home. 
2nd Street,  Austin - texasphototour.blogspot.com





Marchés de Noël, Paris


Armadillo Christmas Bazaar, Austin



No comments:

Post a Comment