22 March 2012

Catching Up

I spent the first week of March in Spicewood, babysitting three Italian greyhounds - The Italians for short. Ernie, Ellie and Emma. They are super sweet and extremely affectionate. It's quite nice out there, not only are the dogs fun, but I get to bird watch, enjoy squirrel antics, and watching the deer come so close to the house is my favorite. I take that back, watching the fawns frolic is my favorite. They stop what they're doing when I come outside, and we just look at each other. Well, they look at me while I'm talking to them; I talk to all animals (remember, I live alone.) Last time I was out here, a deer standing about 6 feet away pharumpted at me! I was shocked and quite offended, so I pharumpted him right back and suggested he work on his deer/people skills.

The hummingbirds are also a goodly treat. There are dozens of them buzzing around, all different colors; I love that they aren't scared of me. That about covers the wildlife for now. As for the Italians...

We walked down to find the lake and eventually found water after trudging halfway across the lake bed. It was pretty weirdAlso, quite the workout walking through sand (uphill) on the way back.
short respite on our journey
The rains came. And came, and came. It was also in the 40's, so out came the jackets.
Emma in a lovely pink and black number

Ernie in a snuggly leopard print
Ellie rockin' the fancy fur

In addition to snuggling with the dogs, playing French grammar games on line, and watching old movies, I practiced dancing. Yes alone. I came up with an ingenious plan: The Hot Club of Cowtown* playing on Pandora via my laptop, and Balboa videos on my phone. I even had my dancing shoes with me!


Goodbye Again 1961- set in Paris.That's why I stopped scrolling and came to a screeching halt. Anthony Perkins is so incredibly young!






Speaking of practicing... French class is getting deep - It takes quite a while for french words to swirl around in my brain before settling in the region where they finally make sense.

Until next time -

No comments:

Post a Comment