03 May 2012

Bicycles Everywhere!

Vélos en francais.
First thing this morning, I came across a fantastic picture (below) of a Parisienne peddling down des rues de Paris in high heels. How apropos since it's National Bike Month here in the US. I then remembered seeing an excellent picture of my friend Faith atop a bike (not in high heels) on her Facebook page. Moments later, another friend, Louise Marie who actually lives in Paris, posted pictures of bicycles on Facebook!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/parisharing/7010666049/ 
My friend Faith, cycliste extraordinaire - Austin
photo by Louise-Marie Jane Giselle Morin

I'm out in the country for the next couple of days with only a laptop, and it has taken me forever to figure out how to type the accents français since the ALT codes won't work on a laptop. What a pain in the derrière. Speaking of French, I just began the 5th session of my cours de français. Can you believe it? There has been much improvement - slowly, but surely. I continue to have stage fright when asked to read or "say something in french". I've decided to embrace it for now and hope it dissipates over time.

My classmate Alanna and I have been meeting each week for happy hour homework sessions. Ingenious, I know.  It certainly helps to have someone to practice with (wine also helps). A couple of weeks ago, we discovered homework with brunch was très fab at Blue Dahlia. $2 mimosas, baby! We're going again this Sunday.

Can you believe my last post was Easter weekend? I've been busy, but really, a whole month has passed? Never again mes amis.

Best French Word of the Day so far: se tordre de rire = to writhe with laughter. Now that's a side splitter...

devoirs avec brunch à Blue Dahlia  

adieux pour le moment ~

2 comments:

  1. I just rode my bike to a party in heels last week - it's so liberating. And tres chic!

    ReplyDelete