07 November 2011

Preparation and Discovery

A bit more time has passed than I intended since my last post. Excuses are the same; finger pain, etudie la francais, and pets to "sit". Perhaps a bit too much tv. I've also missed two French films - "Hedgehog" and "Gainsbourg". More are to be missed in the coming week since I'm heading to Santa Fe to visit mon à amis Elaine for 4 days! I am très excited. I wonder if I shall run across anything French while I'm there. Bet I do.

It appears my new iPhone is not going to arrive before departure - rats. I'll have to rely on Elaine for capturing the trip on film. Photography is one of her numerous talents. I plan to "encourage" Elaine to learn French so she can accompany me on my move to Paris. I'll need someone to help me with Genevieve during the journey and keep me from anxiousocity overload. Her communication skills are superb, she remains calm in the most stressful of  situations,and ideas flow through her brain like a raging river.

HUGE Paris discovery - Orgie de Nutella in le17e. Those French sure know how to do a brunch. Look how cute the restaurant is!


le Sans-Gene, 112 Rue Legendre, 75017 Paris, France

My two favorite brunch venues in Austin are Green Pastures and Moonshine. The Milk Punch at Green Pastures is the ultimate 1000 calorie beverage and the food is tres bonne. Moonshine is more affordable and has a a wider variety of tastiness on the menu. Have you noticed that the french words are missing their accents? I am most unamused that my laptop won't let me type them.


http://bit.ly/ufWwbN   Moonshine
http://binged.it/uUJNiI   Green Pastures


This is going to have to be a short post. Must take care of final preparations for my trip - pick up kitty litter and hiking boots.  I must also finish my homework de francais before class this evening. I'm getting much better at pronunciation  but if there are more than 4 words in a sentence, I sound like a robot just learning to speak.


Que faire à Paris ce week-end?

What to do in Austin this week-end?

Mary


No comments:

Post a Comment