04 September 2011

Neighborhoods

Walked outside to a cool and breezy morning and dashed back in to throw some clothes on, grab my camera and go for a walk. Had the best time taking pictures of my neighborhood. A bum offered to let me take his picture in a bathtub. What bathtub? I wasn't quite sure how to respond to that one. I was a bit hesitant to decline his offer since he was already drunk at 7:30 a.m.  I smiled, gave a cheerful "no thanks" and kept walking. I must say he could have greatly benefited from some soap and water.

"bathtub" man is seated

I hope both Austinites and Parisians will enjoy this short post. Yes, I have two Parisians following me and it thrills me to no end! Let me clarify that they are following my blog, but the other interpretation would be a bit thrilling as well. :-)

I have a few photographer friends and am trying to apply the tips they give me. I definitely need more practice, and a new camera would be a plus. I find that if I manage to get the entire subject in the frame, you can't make out what the sign says. In most cases, the signage is the best part!

how soon before they go broke?


great happy hour hang out


original location - my neighborhood

While giving Facebook a quick look, Soup Peddler's post caught my eye: "This is one of my favorite soups. Next to impossible to cook in the U.S. without access to the little "soupe de poisson" fish that make it to market in France. They were irresistible. Apart from anything else, you do not see them very often in this country. In the markets of France or Spain, though, a soup mix – lots of tiny fish, most of which, it has to be said, are good for little else – is commonplace."

Let's conclude with a comparison of sidewalk art in Austin and in Paris:

photo by me
paris daily photo - Eric Tenin


No comments:

Post a Comment